Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Grammy's: Who will win? Who would I vote for? (MassCom)




Record Of The Year

For Record of the Year I would vote for Katy Perry, Firework.. 
When this song came out, I'm not ashamed to admit it, it played on repeat for at least a week with other Katy Perry tunes. The winner of Record of the Year will probably be Adele though, she's gained widespread recognition for being a new artist, hot to the scene. Personally, she isn't one of my favorites out of new female singers today.

Song Of The Year



For Song of the Year I would have to vote for All of the Lights.This is one of those songs that makes me just want to get up and do something. And with a combined songwriting staff featuring Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi and Fergie, how can you go wrong? Although I feel again that Adele may win this title due to her recent sparks in popularity off of her new album 21.






Album Of The Year

Album of the year I feel may go to Lady Gaga, as she has spiked in popularity, due to her controversial songs and appearances.  I enjoyed Lady Gaga's album, but I enjoyed Rihanna's a little bit more.  The album title describes the way I listen to every track, Loud. I may be a little biased, however, considering my favorite rapper used to be Eminem and he happens to be starring on the CD in a track or two. 


Best New Artist


For Best New Artist I would have to give it to J. Cole. There's no Saint John's bias (He went to Saint John's) , I believe his tracks are catchy and represent something more than himself; a worldwide audience. I enjoy Skrillex, but I don't believe he catches audience diversity as well as J. Cole does. 

Best Pop Solo Performance
 For best Pop Solo Performance I would vote for Fireworks by Katy Perry again. I never really liked Bruno Mars too much, I feel Adele to be over-hyped, though she does have a beautiful voice. Lady Gaga is running dry in my opinion, but Pink on the other hand is my second choice. I was a Pink fan since her first album, when I still rocked that CD Player. I enjoy Katy Perry more just because of the upbeat attitude of her songs, even when they're sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment